Himalayan Nature (HN), based in Kathmandu is a development and conservation research institute, working for sustainable livelihoods of Himalayan communities as well as initiating scientific research on Himalayan biodiversity and the broader environment. It is now seeking applications for the position of Finance Officer from highly motivated and result-oriented Nepalese candidates with proven skills in financial management and reporting.
Position title: Finance Officer
Number of positions available: One (1)
Duty Station: Kathmandu, with occasional field visits on project sites throughout Nepal.
Duration of Contract: Initial one year contract with annual extension based on performance review.
Salary: Attractive as per the institutional provision.
Qualifications: The applicant should ideally have a Bachelor’s Degree in account/finance or related discipline with minimum of 2 years of experience. S/he should have excellent command over the popular accounting packages, financial report preparation and financial/organizational management skills. Female or candidates from minority communities will be given priority.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Liaise with HN Directors on cash flow for the different project activities, reporting and the best practices on finance management.
- Liaise with donors, and project partners on all aspects of financial management and reporting.
- Provide orientation to project managers/officers in financial procedures and educate all team members on financial responsibilities.
- Identify problems and develop solutions for best financial practices, acting as a point of contact for all internal and external financial issues.
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries, ledger balances, monthly accounts and financial reports of individual projects.
- Assist administration/program staff in the establishment of procurement procedures and expenditure authorizations, manage cash, fund and fixed asset of the organization.
- Maintaining and monitoring the organization’s financial systems and developing procedures for tracking income/expenditure in accordance with HN policy.
- Establish banking arrangements and maintain liaison with principal bankers. Develop a plan to minimize exposure to currency gains and losses.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc. involved, either directly or indirectly in disbursing/monitoring/ reporting expenditures made by sub-grantees.
- Regulate and authenticate financial transactions, facilitate any internal and external audit.
- Protect HN assets through maintenance of asset register, internal control and audit procedures.
- Having sound knowledge of the taxation laws of Nepal.
- Conduct any other jobs as assigned by Directors in addition to the jobs mentioned above as and when required
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to send their application along with a copy of updated CV along with a recently taken passport size photo to email@example.com by 15 August 2022, 5:00 pm NST.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing activities will not be entertained and such will be automatically treated as disqualification for the position. For more details of the organization please visit www.himalayannature.org
Himalayan Nature, PO Box 10918, Ganesh Marg, Chabahil